Active Lives Referral Programme
The Active Lives Referral Programme supports anyone aged 16 or over, to make long-term lifestyle changes through increased physical activity.
If you have a pre-existing or new medical condition and are currently inactive, Active Lives Referral Programme could be for you.
To attend this programme referral can be made via a Health Professional or Self-Referral.
What to expect
The Active Lives Referral is a 12-weeks supported physical activity scheme enabling individuals to access a tailored exercise programme to increase the amount of activity in their daily lives. This programme offers a range of activities and is suitable for the first-time exerciser or those that are returning after a long break.
Individuals referred into this scheme will receive
- An initial medical and physical activity assessment by a qualified physical activity advisor
- A tailored programme of activity options best suited to their specific needs and abilities
- Will set personal goals to achieve small changes
- Support from our specialist team throughout the 12 weeks programme
Programme of activities available
- Structured Gym session
- Low level exercise classes
- Swimming (access to the general swim session with no specialist support)