The Hyndburn Talented Athlete Support Scheme is a scheme designed to support Hyndburn’s gifted sports people by providing Free Membership to the Leisure Centres in Hyndburn.
Individual athletes living in the borough of Hyndburn can apply for the scheme which will provide 12 months Gym membership *subject to terms and conditions.
The aim of the fund is to help emerging sports stars who, while perhaps receiving support from their club, are currently in need of further accessible training provision outside of the coaching programme. Performers of all ages and disabilities from all sports recognised by Sport England* are eligible.
Hyndburn’s Sport and Physical Activity Alliance and representatives from any sponsors will act as the judging panel. Applications will be discussed and decisions on all support awards will be made at Hyndburn’s Sport and Physical Activity Alliance meeting which occur at least 4 times each year or via an electronic panel.
Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Canoeing, Cricket, Cycling, Disability Sports, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating – Speed, Ice-Skating – Figure, Judo, Karate, Modern Pentathlon, Netball, Orienteering, Rowing, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Sailing, Shooting, Skiing, Snowboarding, Squash, Swimming , Synchronised Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis Taekwondo, Triathlon, Volleyball, Water Polo, Water Skiing, Weightlifting, Windsurfing, Wrestling
- Applicants must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the Hyndburn Talented Athlete Support Scheme:
- Applicants must be a resident within the borough of Hyndburn.
- Applicants must be of amateur status.
- Applicants must be competing at County, Regional, National or International level in their chosen sport.
- The sport must be a Sport England recognised sport (*see list on the reverse for clarification)
- Applicants must be fully endorsed by the relevant National Governing Body (NGB) representative to be considered for Gym Membership.
- Applicants must be aged 14+ to access Gym Areas.
- If you are successful in your application you may be eligible to apply for further support for a 12 month period providing your previous support has been utilised and the monitoring and evaluation form has been satisfactorily completed.
- N.B. Priority will be given to those individuals who are struggling to reach their potential due to a lack of NGB support and who have not received any support or grants.
Conditions of Support
- The individual must be available for a photograph on receipt of the Support.
- Appropriate recognition must be given to the Hyndburn Talented Athlete Support Scheme in any media coverage received by the individual.
- Individuals must be willing to be involved in promotional material undertaken by Hyndburn Leisure in the promotion of the Hyndburn Talented Athlete Support Scheme.
- Individuals will be required to complete an evaluation progress report stating their achievements and use of the membership in the following 12 months after receiving the membership.
How long will it take?
Once you have submitted your application, it will be put forward to the judging panel for consideration. All individuals who have applied will be informed within 8 weeks whether or not they have been successful. Unsuccessful candidates (if appropriate) are able to submit another application to be considered. Please note there are only a limited number of memberships available per year.
How to apply
Request an application form from the Hyndburn Leisure by calling 01254 385945 or emailing email@example.com. You can also download a form by clicking on “Application Form” at the top of this page.
Hints & Tips
The panel can only judge your application on the information you have provided. As such, you should take your time to complete you application. Bear in mind the following when completing your application form:
- The panel know nothing about you. It’s up to you to tell them as much as you can about your achievements to date and your plans for the future.
- Read the criteria carefully and make sure you explain why you believe you should be considered for training support.
- Before you return your completed application form, double check that you have filled out all relevant sections and have included all supporting documents.
TASS (Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme)
This is a nationally Government funded programme for talented athletes aged 16+. For further information visit https://www.tass.gov.uk/