Active Community Fitness

Active Community Fitness

Active Community Fitness run sports, fitness and dance sessions across Hyndburn. Our main focus is to make all sessions local, affordable and accessible to everyone breaking down as many barriers as possible.

We currently run three projects, Active Women, Active Mums and our Sport England funded Active Hyndburn. Sessions range from being FREE to just £3.50! Sessions are held in various community buildings including the newly renovated Accrington Town Hall and all are accessible to local communities or along main bus routes for anyone who wants to travel.

We have a great range of sessions on offer and try to break down as many barriers people may face as possible. We offer ladies only sessions, sessions for ladies and gents, sessions that have creche facilities available and sessions that cater for prams, we run exercise for older adults such as Gentle Exercise and Seated Exercise and sessions for Younger People and sessions indoor as well as outdoor. All are at varied times during the day and also throughout the evening and Saturdays too.

We work with a wide range of partners to keep the projects running, the Leisure Trust itself using our community and leisure facilities, Hyndburn Borough Council, SureStart Childrens Centres, Hyndburn Homes, Spring into Action and Lancashire County Councils Childrens Centres and Young Peoples Service, it means that we can be flexible with what activities we offer within short spaces of time.

All of our instructors hold nationally recognised qualifications and First Aid and along with most holding a Level 3 Ante and Post Natal qualification.

One of the things that makes our projects just that little bit different is that 90% of our instructors started off by being participants in our sessions and the other 10% of our instructors have a community based teaching back ground.

So our instructors know what it takes to turn up to a class full of strangers and that’s before trying something that is completely new because they have been there. So our instructors make sure they are there in plenty of time before the sessions start to talk to current members and any new members that attend, they keep the sessions fun and the members are always welcoming and friendly. We get some lovely feedback from members from participants on a regular basis. Have a look at our testimonial page…..

So have a look at our timetable …… and come along a try a session. You can always contact us beforehand by email, phone or facebook on the information below.

Telephone – 01254 380298 / 01254 380286 (Hours dependant)

Email –

Facebook – Active Community Fitness

Feel Fit, Have Fun, Look Fab

Baby Friendly, Buggy Friendly, Mum Friendly                       

Healthier Minds, Bodies, Communities