Entering its 15th year, the Hyndburn Community Sports Awards is a celebration of local sporting achievements from athletes, coaches, volunteers, teams, clubs and schools across Hyndburn, organised by Hyndburn Leisure.
The awards are run by Hyndburn Leisure to recognise the amazing achievements that have been made by clubs, individuals and schools across the borough over the past 12 months. The winners of our awards go on to represent Hyndburn at the Lancashire Sports Awards on Friday 23rd November at the Hilton Hotel, Blackpool.
This years awards will take place on Friday 12th October at the Ballroom at Accrington Town Hall, with Special Guest Speaker Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards.
The awards are funded through raising sponsorship and donations from Hyndburn based organisations and companies that provide a service to Hyndburn Leisure Trust. All monies raised through sponsorship go into making the awards successful. The awards also use local suppliers, therefore reinvesting in Hyndburn’s business community. If you would like to find out more about sponsoring the awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hyndburn Leisure is delighted to announce that this years Headline Sponsor for the Awards is Express Gifts/Studio.
- Volunteer of the Year (Sponsored by Pilkingtons) – These awards are to recognise the volunteers who have given up their free time to volunteer in sport. Sport in Britain depends on volunteers and these people help to sustain sporting opportunities for all.
- Young Achiever of the Year – These awards are given to the most talented performers across the district, who show exceptional dedication to their sport and have the potential to perform at the highest level.
- Coach of the Year – These awards are made to coaches throughout the district who have given up their time and invested their expertise, selflessly, to help those interested in sport to develop their talent and to realise its fullest potential.
- Community Club of The Year (Sponsored by Master Ground Services) – These awards are given to active and well run sports clubs that have undertaken great work in running development programmes which attract and encourage new participants, particularly those from under-represented groups, and which help their members to develop their sports potential
- Community Project of the Year (Sponsored by Forbes Solicitors) – This award is given to an innovative project that has helped to regularly increase and sustain participation in sport and physical activity and provide alternative opportunities for people to get active.
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Sponsored by Langtec) – This award is for an individual (20+ years) who has shown a consistent lifetime commitment and made a major contribution to community sport.
- Primary School of The Year – This award is given to a Primary School that has excelled in school sport and physical activity over the last 12 months. Community links and the impact of sport has made them stand out.
- Secondary School of The Year (Sponsored by Accrington and Rossendale College) – This award is given to a Secondary School that has excelled in school sport and physical activity over the last 12 months. Community links and the impact of sport has made them stand out.
- Service to Under-represented groups – This award is given to an individual, coach, official or group who had made a highly significant contribution to increase engagement and participation in an identified underrepresented group in their local area.
- Inspire Award (Donated by Anne Ellwood) – This is a local award award is given to an individual who has volunteered in the community to inspire others to participate in sport. For individuals not involved in a community sports club.
- Changing Lifestyle Award (Sponsored by Technogym) – This is a local award to celebrate those who have made big changes to their lifestyles through sport or physical activity
Click here to nominate (Please note Inspire Award and Changing Lifestyle Award are local awards only)
We want as many people as possible to get involved with this years awards. If you know an individual, team, club or school that you think deserves to be recognised for their sporting effort, dedication or achievements, please nominate them for this years awards.
Nominations for Hyndburn close on 24th August so please get your nominations in by then.